1 cup Bee Cause Bush Honey
1/2 teaspoon Gfresh Cloves Whole
1 cup Csr Brown Sugar
IGA Ham half, on the bone
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a large deep baking pan with aluminium foil (alternatively use a disposable foil baking dish) and set aside
- Ensure oven shelf is in the lowest position and remove all other shelves
- Carefully remove the rind from the ham. Use a small sharp knife to cut around the shank, about 10cm from the end.Then run knife under the rind, around the edge of the ham. Gently peel the rind off in one piece. Do this by running your fingers between the rind and the fat.
- Set rind aside by wrapping in a damp tea towel and storing in the fridge. You will use it to cover left over ham (the rind will stop the ham from drying out!)
- Using a small sharp knife, score the fat around the ham in a diamond or spiral-formation, about 5mm deep
- Place the ham in the baking pan and insert whole cloves into the ham (see picture for reference)
- In a small saucepan, add the brown sugar and honey, and cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the glaze directly over the ham, covering it completely
- Place in oven and cook for 45-60 minutes (depending on the size of the ham). Basting every 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the outside
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before basting again and then carving
- Reduce pan juices for a delicious drizzle